Automated applicant tracking software has become standard in the modern job market. This software allows managers to easily manage applications for open positions and efficiently filter through them. With so many companies using applicant tracking solutions, it can be difficult to know what is out there and what you can use. However, with a little research and planning, you can implement an ATS that will help streamline your hiring process while saving time and money. This article covers the basics of how automated applicant tracking software works, the benefits of using such a tool, and examples of the most popular solutions available. Read on to learn more about how ATSs may impact your company’s hiring process.
What is Applicant Tracking Software?
Applicant tracking software (ATS) is a software tool that help companies manage the hiring process by collecting and tracking information on each applicant. This could be information on resumes, job descriptions, and references. ATS software typically has functionality beyond just tracking applications, such as screening applications and managing hiring processes. The core function of applicant tracking software is to collect information on applicants and store it in a centralized location. From there, managers can easily track which applicants have been submitted, when they were submitted, and have access to certain information on each. This way, companies can easily see who has applied and can decide whether they want to schedule longer interviews or quickly whittle it down to the top candidates. Some software also has scheduling functionality, so managers can put applications in a queue, making it easier to plan out their hiring schedule.
Benefits of Using Applicant Tracking Software
– Automates Process – Automated applicant tracking software helps companies streamline the hiring process by collecting, storing, and sharing information on applicants. With ATS, hiring managers can easily see all applications in one place and filter through them with a click. By automating the process of tracking and storing information, hiring managers can free up their time to focus on other aspects of their job, like strategy and culture fit.
– Reduce Time To Hire – With ATS, companies can reduce the time it takes to fill open positions by up to 70%. As long as there are applicants who meet the job requirements, an automated system can help find them more quickly. This can prevent your organization from losing out on talented candidates because they don’t have time to apply for the open position because they’re too busy with life.
– Increase Hiring Success – By using an applicant tracking software, hiring managers can reduce the chances of missing important information on applicants. This can help reduce the number of rejections and increase the likelihood of filling open positions. By scanning resumes and references, hiring managers can quickly identify candidates who are unqualified.
Disadvantages of Using Applicant Tracking Software
– Lack of Consistency – While applicant tracking software can help streamline the hiring process, it doesn’t replace the need for hiring managers to spend time researching and interviewing candidates. As long as the hiring manager has been trained and has the proper tools, there is no substitute for hiring great people.
– Expensive Upfront Costs – One of the major benefits of applicant tracking software is the automation that reduces the need for hiring managers to spend time looking for candidates. However, some systems require an upfront investment before savings can be realized.
– Limited Track Record – Automated applicant tracking software is a relatively new technology, so there isn’t a lot of research on its effectiveness. Some experts are wary of the hype around applicant tracking software, so it may be worth researching other options.
Examples of Popular Recruitment Tools
Hired – Hired is a service that sources candidates and manages the entire hiring process, including onboarding and payroll. The candidate tracking functionality of Hired is similar to applicant tracking software as it collects information on all applications and creates a centralized database. Of course, Hired adds a few key benefits, such as giving candidates an overview of the company and a salary range so hiring managers can quickly tell if they are interested in an applicant.
Recruiterflow is an applicant tracking software solution that allows employers to manage all aspects of their hiring process from sourcing candidates to tracking the progress of applicants through the hiring process. With Recruiterflow, you’ll be able to create custom job ads, respond to applicants, manage the screening process and track applicants through the hiring process
Workable – Workable is a cloud-based applicant tracking software that lets hiring managers view all applications and track which ones have been completed. It can also store information on the applicant, including their name, job title, skills, and contact information. Workable also has a scheduling feature, which can help hiring managers compare job openings and plan their hiring schedule.
Jobvite – Jobvite is a recruitment marketing tool that works with applicant tracking software (orATS). It delivers digital content to candidates’ inboxes and can be integrated with ATS software. Integrating with ATS leads to one common outcome – candidates who apply to jobs. Jobvite’s solution is aimed at addressing the issues associated with traditional job posting.
Which Automated Application Processing Software Is Right For You?
While it’s important to research and evaluate the different automated application processing software available, you also need to consider your hiring process. For example, some hiring managers prefer that the applicant manage the process of applying for a job, while others like to have everything centralized. Before you make any decisions, make sure you understand your company’s hiring process. If you don’t know where to start, you can use our ATS decision-making framework to evaluate your options. Next, you’ll want to think about your specific needs as an employer. If you need to quickly fill open positions and have an extensive hiring process, an automated application processing software may not be right for you. A hiring manager may be better off using an ATS to manage their hiring process, while using an ATS to manage their time.
Automated applicant tracking software has become standard in the modern job market. This software allows managers to easily manage applications for open positions and efficiently filter through them. ATSs have become an essential part of any organization’s recruiting process. It’s important to understand how they work and how to implement one that will work best for your company. In most cases, it only takes a few months to see the benefits of an ATS.
latestdigitals & technnology news site